Almost daily at our workplace we have customers send us files for printing on our large format printers. Nearly once a day we get files that are not completely converted to outlines. Those in the business know what I’m refering to, they will also appreciate this tip I’m going to give.
There is a really great tip I learned about Adobe Illstrator CS 2 that will convert any pdf completely to outlines(curves for you corel draw users).
- In Illustrator click File > New
- click File > Place and locate the offending pdf file
- click OK, you should see a preview of the pdf at this point
- keep the pdf selected, select Object > flatten transparency
- select “convert text to outlines” and move the slider to 100% vectors
- click OK
That’s It! It works every time and has saved us a lot of headache!