I was really liking internet explorer 8 until I started having a random issue with opening new tabs and opening new windows freezing or hanging up. I would sometimes happen when I first open internet explorer 8 or other times when I opened tabs the page would just sit at “connecting to site” and never do anything. I searched the web off and on for several weeks and finally came across a blog post here at cornerpixel. It was just a minor registry setting related to the loosely-coupled feature in IE 8. I was getting desparate so I tried it. Sure enough not an issue since. The scary thing is I have seen this particular issue on 5 separate machines with IE8.
MS you need to take note of this!